This next gentleman we are about to introduce has been burning up the track of late with his horses. Seems like the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place for the man I call the Turkish Delight. His stable was founded on 15th November 2012, and he just recently at season end captured the Epona Cup and Crystal Cup respectfully with Bitez and Naksup Alien. He currently stands on six World Cup victories and one Magic Mile along with several league victories and top 5 finishes. He continues to turn heads as he continue to climb the ladder to success.
Without further ado lets give a BIG warm TK Nuts welcome to the stable known as BODRUMLUCK;
Q – Can you tell us a little about yourself?
- “I was born in Turkey in February 1951. Between 1971 and 2002 I lived in Dorset England. I have a son and a daughter.”
Q – How did you come across TK?
- “By chance really, I was looking for a decent game of strategy and happy I found this great game.”
Q – Any particular reason you named your stable BODRUMLUCK?
- “I live in Bodrum Turkey. Couldn’t think of a better name.”
Q – You started the game in 2012, do you still remember your first race?
- “Must have been a league race, I don’t remember well.”
Q – If you could start over, what would you do differently?
- “I had help from coniston as a mentor. I would ask my mentor more questions.”
Q – Biggest influence on you early on – stable that you looked up to?
- “Always admired Reds Breeding Stud and also I often peek on Manor Park Stud’s horses to see what he is doing right, as in my opinion, he is the shrewdest manager.”
Q – What is one thing you wish you knew when you started the game?
- “How to handle TT.”
Q – Your first world cup is always special, tell us about your first winner Gs Arena?
- “Gs Arena is one of Reds Breeding Studs mudlark. I knew he would do well if trained well.
- I knew he would be thereabouts but the going changed to heavy overnight and was drawn 8th lane so I was worried. I couldn’t be happier to see him win with a little in hand. I was absolutely over the moon.”
Q – Any other memorable races that stands out for you?
- “Yes. Plenty Coup, unstyled sprinter won my first regional. And Naksup Alien winning the Crystal. I must say though, every single race with a good competition excites me, even Hoofs.”
Q – How do you plan a race, do you weigh up the opposition or run your own race?
- “I always look at the opposition, may even overrate them sometime. I will withdraw if I think I have next to no chance.”
Q – Do you still get nervous before a cup final?
- ” I always get over excited.”
Q – How do you celebrate a really successful day?
- “A double shot whisky and a cigarette. I don’t normally drink much.”
Q – Which do you consider to be the best horse you have trained to date?
- “I suppose Gs Taffarel. Although he is yet 9 year old, I am planning to take on Kingsman in the Magic Mile at London in a few weeks.”
Q – Which horse in your stable currently is your favorite and why?
- “I don’t have a favourite, I have high regards for all of them. One or two has been a bit disappointing so far but they will come around soon, I am working on them.”
Q – Which of your other horses do you feel would be worth following over the next couple of months?
- “Bitez in the Halo cup. Gs Taffarel will be in the London MM, Gs Arena should win the Princes Penant in a couple of weeks, Gs Metin Oktay is going for the Golden Gnu, Vrael will have a crack at SS, Gumbet will try and win Platinum.”
Q – Which retired horses in the game has left the biggest impact on you?
- “If you mean one of my own, Gs Muslera. Otherwise Sir Lancelot.”
Q – What are your plans for the future and what is the one thing you want to achieve most in TK??
- “I would like to breed a champion but I don’t think I will even try. I will never breed seriously, I leave that to masters in that field. I would like to take world record in a world cup some day.”
Q – Is there anything you would like to share to stables who would like to try training good younger horses especially those 2 to 3 year olds?
- “I think you should be patient with a horse, only have one or two 2 year olds and train them for a specific distance and going only. Keep their stats balanced and give them TT every week at least once. Bet a lot to make personal funds (for that you need to check every available race to bet, like I do). If anyone Private Mails me I will be happy help further.”
Q – Favorite style of horse you like to race with?
- “Mudlark and Fast Finisher.”
Q – Three current horses owned by other stables that you wish you had owned, and why?
- “Reds Haku, Patrobas and Relaunch.”
Q – Any interest in real life horse racing?
- “Used to have a flutter, not in recent years.”
THOUGHTS ON THE GAME
Q – If you had to name the most important things or features in the game that have kept your interest here in TK, what would those things or features be? And, why?
- “Owners club is a must, for many reasons. Those who don’t have OC can’t really expect to compete here. Anyone that stays here and spends time would be wasting time without OC. For those who are not aware of this fact, I suggest check the benefits. To name a few; Can watch all races at any time, horses summary for health check, search for a race much much easier, to get full benefit at TT and most importantly give Hairboy his due.”
Q – Name a few things you would like to see changed on TK?
- “Nothing worth mentioning here, I don’t agree in making the game easier for anyone it is fine as it is. Only thing that could be done perhaps, more warnings to newcomers about what not to do.”
Q – Is there something in TK that you would want to change that would reflect something in real life horses/situations?
- “Fine as it is.”
Q – What irks you the most in this game?
- “Intentional time wasters.”
Q – What is the one feature of the game you cannot get your head wrapped around?
- “Same as most people, race instructions.”
Q – Looking back at the years you have been playing, what were the accomplishments you are most proud of?
- “Becoming a world cup winner.”
Q – Which stables do you find most difficult to beat?
- “None, I only enter races where I have very good chance in. They should worry about me.”
Q – What is the best advice you’ve been given in playing this game?
- “Keep horses stats balanced.”
Q – What are the most common mistakes that you see other experienced players making? Mistakes that they may not realize, that they are making?
- “Weight and stride.”
Q – What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
- “I was married to an Irish/English girl for 3 years, divorced, then married for 14 yrs to an English girl, have 2 children of her, divorced and now am married again to a Turkish girl and live happily ever after.”
Q – How do you like to spend your free time?
- “Golf Club.”
Q – Who in Track King is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party and why?
- “Ersin. He is my countryman and also a gentleman. I would also like to meet most of the regulars here because almost all of you are good people.”
Thank you for sharing your views. Best of luck in the future matey!